- 1 cup grapefruit or orange juice
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 to 5 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients; mix well. Pour 1-1/2 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the ribs. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from the ribs. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 20 minutes on each side. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the honey, brown sugar and reserved marinade. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Baste ribs with some of the sauce. Grill 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning and basting occasionally. Serve with the remaining sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCountry Pork Ribs
"Fantastic recipe!!! We like lime in our food, so I substituted lime juice for the grapefruit. I also served with both the remaining marinade sauce as well as the honey sauce so my kids could make their's sweet and I could make mine tangy."
"this recipe sounds great and i have all the ingredientsbut I needed something for tonight and i don't have 4 hours to marinade. is there a faster way to marinade? julie"