- 1 pound mild or hot Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sage
- 5 cups crumbled yellow corn bread
- In a frying pan, cook the sausage until done. Remove sausage and set aside; drain any fat. Melt butter; saute onion and celery until crisp-tender. Combine vegetables with bread crumbs, eggs, seasonings, corn bread and sausage. Stuff into a turkey or Cornish game hens; roast according to your favorite recipe. Yield: Stuffing is enough for a 12-16 pound turkey or 8-10 (1-1/2 pounds each) Cornish game hens.
Reviews forCornbread Sausage Stuffing
"I used my MeMau's cornbread recipe and venison sauasage as alterations for this recipe and my first Thanksgiving was a total success. I was heartbroken to see this stuffing be the first of the leftovers eaten up - and I don't even generally like stuffing! This recipe is definitely staying around as a family tradition!"