- 7 large sweet potatoes (about 6 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 12 oatmeal cookies, crumbled
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook just until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain well. Mash potatoes with butter. Add marmalade, orange juice, brown sugar, salt and ginger. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Toss cookie crumbs with butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until browned. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forContest-Winning Sweet Potato Bake
"This was a hit at our friends holiday get-together! The crust oatmeal cookies were deliciously different!!"
"Different, but tasty. Did not put in ginger and sprinkled some bread crumbs on top instead of the oatmeal cookiess."
"Very tasty. Will make again."
"very good and tasty"