Coffee Whip Dessert
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 6-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream and additional instant coffee granules, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in coffee. Add marshmallows; cook for 5-6 minutes over low heat until marshmallows are melted, stirring occasionally. Pour into a large bowl; cover and refrigerate until slightly thickened.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; fold into marshmallow mixture. Spoon into dessert dishes. Garnish with whipped cream and additional coffee granules if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 233 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 31mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
May 10, 2014
Just made this dessert for Mother's Day tomorrow, took a taste, and it is really good! Very creamy, sweet and rich, with a nice mellow (or should I say mallow?) coffee flavor!
Sep 30, 2012
This is such an incredible coffee marshmallow taste! when I tasted it, I could only describe it as heavenly! I don't do it alone, though. I put it as the top layer of a sundae type dessert because I like my desserts to be crunchy and have bits. This is like a mousse.
Jan 25, 2009
This dessert was insane. I made it for my 10 year old brother, who will only eat food from a restaraunt. It was awsome out of 1 to 5, I give it 1... thousand! If you let the finished dessert set in the fridge for 12 hours, it becomes like a pudding. I love it. The first time anyone in my house tried it they said "WOW!" I agree with them.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.