Coffee Mallow Dessert
THIS is one of my favorite summertime desserts, cool and soothing on a hot, humid day. The mild coffee flavor is most refreshing, and the cookie crumbs add nice crunch. -Helen Davis, Waterbury, Vermont
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 8 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup hot brewed coffee
- 16 marshmallows
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter; set aside 1 tablespoon for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of two lightly greased 10-oz. custard cups; set aside.
- Place coffee and eight marshmallows in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Add the remaining marshmallows; cover and refrigerate in the blender for 2 hours or until cold. Process again until smooth; transfer to a bowl.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and vanilla, beating until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into coffee mixture. Spoon into prepared cups; sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 720 calories, 43g fat (23g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 83g carbohydrate (55g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Coffee Mallow Dessert in Reminisce Extra August 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.