Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, optional
- Cinnamon sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars and oil. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Add flour, salt, baking soda, cream of tartar and cinnamon. Stir in the pecans if desired. Cover and refrigerated for 3 hours or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2-in. apart on greased baking sheets; flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. If desired, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set.
2 each: 144 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.