Cinnamon Twirl Cookies
These rolled cookies are tasty and fun to make with your family. The sugary mixture of walnuts and cinnamon is a light, sweet filling that will leave everyone wanting another bite. —Phyllis Cappuccio, Malden, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Dash salt
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat margarine and sour cream until blended. Add egg yolk; mix well. Combine flour and salt; add to margarine mixture and mix well (dough will be sticky). Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Divide dough into eighths. On a well floured surface, roll each portion into a 10-in. circle. Cut each circle into 8 triangles. Combine the walnuts, sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over each triangle.
- Roll up triangles from the wide ends and place point side down 1 in. apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until lightly browned, 20-22 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Store in an airtight container.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 68 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Cinnamon Twirl Cookies in Taste of Home October/November 2019