Cinnamon-Apple Puff Pastry Shells
For a deliciously simple brunch dish, try this recipe. It has such a wonderful apple flavor which will remind you of fall.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 frozen puff pastry shells
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon apple juice, divided
- 3/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped walnuts
- Bake pastry shells according to package directions.
- In a saucepan, combine the apples, 2/3 cup apple juice and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until apples are tender. Stir in brown sugar. Combine cornstarch and remaining juice until smooth. Stir into apples. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in walnuts. Split pastry shell; spoon apple mixture into pastry shells.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 416 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 5g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Cinnamon-Apple Puff Pastry Shells in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook