Puff Pastry Holly Leaves
“These elegant appetizers look like you've slaved in the kitchen, but they can be assembled in a jiffy,” says Angela King of Walnut Cove, North Carolina. “They always earn raves at my office holiday party.”
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 24 pimiento pieces
- Unfold pastry sheets onto a lightly floured surface. From each sheet, cut out 12 leaves with a floured 3-1/2-in. leaf-shaped cookie cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheets. With a toothpick, score veins in leaves. In a small bowl, beat egg and water; brush over pastry.
- Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the cheeses, parsley and pesto. Split pastry leaves in half. Spread 1 tablespoon cheese mixture over bottom halves; replace tops. Add a pimiento piece on each for a holly berry. Refrigerate leftovers.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Puff Pastry Leaves in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007