Holly Berry Cookies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red Hots
- Green food coloring
- In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, beat egg and milk. Add to crumb mixture just until moistened. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-in. round cookie cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° until edges are lightly browned, 8-10 minutes. Cool on wire racks. Spread jam on half of the cookies; top each with another cookie.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth; spread over cookies. Decorate with Red Hots before glaze is set. Let dry. Using a small new paintbrush and green food coloring, paint holly leaves on cookies.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 171 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 14, 2017
Hoping so.eone can help. My aunt used to make and ship these to us all of the time. Tried this twice in the past 2 weeks and I can not get the dough to roll. I have added a bit more flour, etc.Can anyone advise? Thanks!
Dec 3, 2013
I look forward to making these every year. I was a bit skeptical when it came to a combination of cinnamon cookies and raspberry jam, but these really are the best cookies ever.
Dec 16, 2012
I make these every year. They are delicious and add a beautifully colorful cookie to my cookie platters. They look hard, but are very easy!