Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Green candied cherries, thinly sliced
- Red Hots
- Decorating icing
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cream butter and cream cheese. Add sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla. Gradually beat in flour.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a star piping tip, shape dough into 2-1/2-in. wreaths 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until set (do not brown), 8-10 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- Decorate with green cherry pieces for leaves and Red Hots for berries. Use red decorating icing to form bows and adhere candy to wreaths.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 90 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 19, 2015
We have these as a family tradition. Kills the hand with a manual press, but worth it. Other shapes or with flavored gelatin added, make great wedding desserts. More color and flavor! Non wreath stores and freezes ok too. Thanks for a memory restored, I lost the recipe.
Jan 3, 2011
My mom made these cookies with my great-grandma and I've made these with my mom since I can remember. Christmas wouldn't be the same without these cookies. I now make these cookies with my son, but I'm not as patient as my mom and I use the tree disc on my cookie press :) I know that they do freeze well.
Dec 28, 2009
they taste good but very fragile nothing to write home about,press and working with a cookie press was very frustrating particularly the newest pampered chef brand. The green cherries and red hots fell off, did not stay on so good
Dec 21, 2009
They taste good but break easily.
Dec 1, 2009
I'm new to making cookies with a press and was wondering how these would turn out in a different shape (something more basic) and has anyone tried freezing these? thanks
Dec 15, 2008
I havve been looking for this recipe. My Grandma used to make these! We had lost the recipe. They are wonderful. She used to use the decorator frosting and pipe holly leaves and berries.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.