Jam-Filled Wreaths & Hearts
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3 dozen wreaths or 4 dozen hearts
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1 jar (18 ounces) seedless raspberry jam
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and allspice; add to the creamed mixture. Stir in oats and nuts; mix well. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until dough is easy to handle.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. round- or 2-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter. Using a 1-in. round- or heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out the center of half of the cookies. Place solid and window cookies on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
- Spread 1 tsp. jam over bottoms of solid cookies; top with window cookies. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Fill centers with additional jam if desired.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 1, 2010
When I seen these they reminded me of the cookies my mother would with the left over pie crust froming makeing her pies(that would seem alot easier), but am really going to try these. They look delicious. Thanks Monica for the memory.