Homemade Christmas Jam
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Process: 5 min./batch
- 3 packages (12 ounces each) frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 9 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon butter
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid fruit pectin
- In a Dutch oven, combine cherries, pineapple and raspberries. Stir in the sugar, juices, cinnamon, cloves and butter. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into 12 hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
Editor's NoteThe processing time listed is for altitudes of 1,000 feet or less. Add 1 minute to the processing time for each 1,000 feet of additional altitude.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 85 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 22g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Feb 28, 2018
I've made this recipe 3-4 times and I love it but it's always soupy. It never seems to set. What am I doing wrong?
Feb 22, 2017
I received this as a Christmas gift. BEST.JAM.EVER!
Jun 29, 2015
My family and friends love it!!!
Dec 18, 2014
Sets up very well but did not like the after taste that it gave. I think it because of the ground cloves, next time I will put half of what it calls for and see if it is not so overpowering.
Dec 17, 2014
Just made this for Christmas gifts. It is very good and I think the recipients will love it!
Feb 14, 2013
YUMMY! I made this exactly as recipe states...and it's WONDERFUL. Especially good served warm on french toast or waffles.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.