Homemade Christmas Jam
- 3 packages (12 ounces each) frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 9 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon butter
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid fruit pectin
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine cherries, pineapple and raspberries. Stir in the sugar, juices, cinnamon, cloves and butter. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 2. Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into 12 hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- 3. Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
2 tablespoons: 85 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 22g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Feb 28, 2018
I've made this recipe 3-4 times and I love it but it's always soupy. It never seems to set. What am I doing wrong?
Feb 22, 2017
I received this as a Christmas gift. BEST.JAM.EVER!
Jun 29, 2015
My family and friends love it!!!
Dec 18, 2014
Sets up very well but did not like the after taste that it gave. I think it because of the ground cloves, next time I will put half of what it calls for and see if it is not so overpowering.
Dec 17, 2014
Just made this for Christmas gifts. It is very good and I think the recipients will love it!
Feb 14, 2013
YUMMY! I made this exactly as recipe states...and it's WONDERFUL. Especially good served warm on french toast or waffles.