Cilantro & Lime Chicken with Scoops
I came up with this recipe when I was preparing for a large party, and I wanted a healthy Tex-Mex chicken to serve in tortilla cups. This party dish can made ahead of time to free up yourself for time-sensitive dishes. You can serve it in tortilla chip cups or any other savory crispy cup you can find. Leftovers are great over salad greens or wrapped up in a tortilla as a burrito. — Lori Terry, Chicago, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3-1/2 hours
Makes16 servings (1/4 cup each)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 cups frozen petite corn (about 5 ounces), thawed
- 1-1/2 cups chunky salsa
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Baked tortilla chip scoops
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Place chicken in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; sprinkle with chili powder and lime juice. Cook, covered, on low until tender, 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken; discard cooking juices. Shred chicken with two forks; return to slow cooker. Add corn and salsa; cook, covered, on low until heated through, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a large bowl; stir in cheese, pepper and green onions. Serve with tortilla scoops; sprinkle with cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup chicken mixture: 97 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 183mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 medium-fat meat.
Originally published as Shredded Lime Chicken Tortilla Cups in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.