“The secret to these burgers is the tangy mango chutney, but the arugula adds a special 'wow' to the plate. I get lots of compliments when I serve these at summer or fall cookouts.” Jeanne Lueders - Waterloo, Iowa
Recommended: Your March Meal Plan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup chutney, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 16 fresh arugula or baby spinach leaves
- 4 slices red onion
- Combine 1/4 cup chutney, mustard and lime juice; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the parsley, onions, salt, pepper and remaining chutney. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Serve on buns with arugula, onion and reserved chutney mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chutney Turkey Burgers in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p26
Reviews forChutney Turkey Burgers
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 21, 2008
"The were the best! We have had them several times. They have now become a favorite. Highly recommend"