VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sherry or additional chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepepr flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen Oriental mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 pound cod fillets, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients until blended; set aside. In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry garlic in oil for 30 seconds. Add mixed vegetables; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add red pepper; stir-fry for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm. Add half of the cod to skillet; gently stir-fry for 3-5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm. Repeat with remaining cod.
- Stir reserved broth mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return vegetables and fish to the pan. Add peanuts. Gently stir to coat. Cover and cook for 1 minute or until heated through. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chunky Cod Stir-Fry in Light & Tasty April/May 2001, p16