- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 2-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
- 2 cups boiling water
- Whipped cream and additional strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place butter in a 13x9-in. baking pan; heat pan in oven 3-5 minutes or until butter is melted. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine flour, 1-1/4 cups sugar, milk and vanilla until well blended. In a small bowl, mix cocoa and remaining sugar.
- Remove baking pan from oven; add batter. Sprinkle with strawberries and cocoa mixture; pour boiling water evenly over top (do not stir). Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into cake portion comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream and additional strawberries. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forChocolate-Covered Strawberry Cobbler
"I always have an abundance of strawberries during the summertime, so I'm constantly on the lookout for new recipes that I can make with them. This was a great recipe, easy to make and turned out perfectly. I will definitely be making this one again!"