Makeover Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Milk Shake
I’m not a big sweets person, but I’ll slurp down a milk shake from Steak ‘n Shake any day! —Sarah Cowley, Houston, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat strawberry ice cream
- 2/3 cup frozen unsweetened sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon fat-free hot fudge ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream in a can
- 1 maraschino cherry
- In a blender, combine the milk, ice cream and strawberries; cover and process until smooth. Drizzle the inside of a chilled glass with fudge topping. Add ice cream mixture. Garnish with whipped cream and a cherry. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 302 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Makeover Steak 'n Shake Chocolate Covered Strawberry Milk Shake in Healthy Cooking August/September 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.