Strawberry Yogurt Shakes
Toasted wheat germ adds good-for-you flavor to her fruity shakes. Honey sweetens this beverage while yogurt gives it a bit of tanginess.—Laurel Adams, Dryden, Ontario
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1-1/2 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Dash salt
- In two batches, process all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 187 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Strawberry Yogurt Shakes in Quick Cooking January/February 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.