- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Line two 9-in. round baking pans with waxed paper. Coat pans with cooking spray and sprinkle with flour; set aside. In a large bowl, combine cake mix and gelatin. Add egg whites and oil; beat until well blended.
- In a small bowl, mash strawberries in their juice. Set aside 3 tablespoons for icing. Add water and remaining berries to the batter; mix well.
- Pour into prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For icing, in a small bowl, combine butter and reserved strawberries. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Place one cake layer on a serving platter; top with half of the icing. Repeat layers.
1 slice: 287 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.