Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cobbler
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 2-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
- 2 cups boiling water
- Whipped cream and additional strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place butter in a 13x9-in. baking pan; heat pan in oven 3-5 minutes or until butter is melted. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine flour, 1-1/4 cups sugar, milk and vanilla until well blended. In a small bowl, mix cocoa and remaining sugar.
- Remove baking pan from oven; add batter. Sprinkle with strawberries and cocoa mixture; pour boiling water evenly over top (do not stir). Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into cake portion comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream and additional strawberries.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without whipped cream and additional strawberries): 368 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 316mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 21, 2018
I was skeptical of pouring 2 cups of boiling water on the recipe before baking but thought I should follow the directions. Well, as expected, the recipe came out soupy and unable to be eaten. Had to throw it out. I think I’m going to retry with half the water because the batter was good, the water just ruined it.
Jun 6, 2016
I always have an abundance of strawberries during the summertime, so I'm constantly on the lookout for new recipes that I can make with them. This was a great recipe, easy to make and turned out perfectly. I will definitely be making this one again!