Chilled Strawberry Yogurt Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 1-1/4 cups vanilla yogurt, divided
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract or 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a food processor, combine the strawberries, 1 cup yogurt, confectioners' sugar, orange juice concentrate and extract; cover and process until blended. Garnish each serving with a dollop of remaining yogurt.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 174 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 69mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1/2 starch, 1/2 reduced-fat milk.
May 30, 2018
Just made this, not sure if it will be around for dinner tonight. Delicious!!! Only suggestion I have is if you are using fresh home grown strawberries you may not need any sugar but if you are using the big California berries you might need a little more sugar. :)
Jul 11, 2014
I tried this, thinking it would be very bland. No such luck. It was delicious! Simple and elegant is a great way to describe it.
Jun 12, 2012
I have tried several chilled fruit soups and this is my favorite. I've even substituted other fruits, pineapple, mixed berries, and it is always a delicious hit with whomever I am serving. Thank you!
Dec 28, 2011
My husband and I made this soup almost weekly this past summer. So tasty and easy to make. Luv it.