Chilled Strawberry Yogurt Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 1-1/4 cups vanilla yogurt, divided
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract or 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a food processor, combine the strawberries, 1 cup yogurt, confectioners' sugar, orange juice concentrate and extract; cover and process until blended. Garnish each serving with a dollop of remaining yogurt.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 174 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 69mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1/2 starch, 1/2 reduced-fat milk.
May 30, 2018
Just made this, not sure if it will be around for dinner tonight. Delicious!!! Only suggestion I have is if you are using fresh home grown strawberries you may not need any sugar but if you are using the big California berries you might need a little more sugar. :)
Jul 11, 2014
I tried this, thinking it would be very bland. No such luck. It was delicious! Simple and elegant is a great way to describe it.
Jun 12, 2012
I have tried several chilled fruit soups and this is my favorite. I've even substituted other fruits, pineapple, mixed berries, and it is always a delicious hit with whomever I am serving. Thank you!
Dec 28, 2011
My husband and I made this soup almost weekly this past summer. So tasty and easy to make. Luv it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.