Quick Chilled Blueberry Soup
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 cups water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- Sour cream or additional yogurt, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the blueberries, water, sugar and allspice. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
- In batches, process blueberry mixture and yogurt until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve with sour cream or yogurt if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 188 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 36mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 6, 2011
Had never tried a cold soup before. But when I can across this recipe on a day when it was 100* and very humid, I decided it was the perfect thing to make for a light supper. I am soo glad I did, this soup is excellent and FULL of flavor! PS I did add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon = yummy!!