Strawberry Dessert Soup
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 cups strawberry yogurt
- 2 to 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large saucepan, combine 3/4 cup water, apple juice, sugar, cinnamon and cloves. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
- Place strawberries and remaining water in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Pour into apple juice mixture. Stir in yogurt and food coloring if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until chilled.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Combine sour cream and milk; spoon about 2-1/2 teaspoons into the center of each bowl. Using a toothpick, pull mixture out, forming a flower or design of your choice.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 192 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 24, 2010
I made this for my son's prom group, and it was a hit as an appetizer. We will definitely recommend this recipe!
Apr 30, 2009
Delicious, my kids loved it, and what a great way to get fruit and more calcium!
Apr 3, 2009
I LOVE this soup! Very refreshing!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.