Chilled Squash and Carrot Soup
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed (about 3 cups)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the squash, broth, carrots, onion and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are very tender. Remove from the heat; cool.
- In a blender or food processor, puree squash mixture in batches. Transfer to a bowl, stir in milk. Cover and chill until serving. Garnish with sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 127 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 637mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 starch.
Jul 1, 2013
Wow this soup is way better than I thought it would be! I omitted the sour cream. Definitely worth making!~ Theresa
Nov 18, 2010
Pretty, easy, healthy, tasty... good soup!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.