Chicken Salad for 50
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
Makes50 servings (1 cup each)
- 9 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 9 cups cooked small pasta shells
- 8 cups chopped celery
- 8 cups seedless green grapes halves
- 18 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups cashew halves
- In two very large bowls, combine the first six ingredients. In another large bowl, whisk the first six dressing ingredients. Pour over the chicken mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Stir in cashews just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 328 calories, 23g fat (5g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 274mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 30, 2012
This is a good recipe. I added more chicken and just a little more salad dressing and used 7 eggs and 4 yolks. I had leftovers and on the next day the chicken salad tasted much better. For the next time, I am going to use red grapes and raisins. And will not add the green grapes and pineapples. Stay tune for the results.
Jul 9, 2011
We made it for a graduation open house. Went really well! Tasted terrific - chunky, creamy and altogether delicious!
Apr 18, 2011
Trying using red grapes-a little more flavor, plus it adds color. We didn't use the eggs.
Jan 16, 2010
I feel it nees more chicken in the recipe, otherwise I really liked the flavor combinations.