Macaroni Salad for 100
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 5 to 6 pounds fully cooked ham, cubed
- 5 to 6 pounds macaroni, cooked and drained
- 3 pounds shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 bags (20 ounces each) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 bunches celery, chopped (about 12 cups)
- 2 large onions, chopped (2 to 2-1/2 cups)
- 2 cans (5-3/4 ounces each) pitted ripe olives, drained and sliced
- 8 cups mayonnaise
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Western or French salad dressing
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In several large bowls, combine the first seven ingredients. In a large bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients; pour over ham mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 274 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 607mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 4, 2014
This is a great salad. A must have for your potluck or big occasion. I cut the recipe in one quarter and it still came out fantastic. It still was a lot of salad.
Jul 31, 2010
This looks like a great macaroni salad and I would really like to make this, could you down-size the recipe for 12 or less?