- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups diced green pepper
- 1-1/2 cups sliced celery
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, orange juice, vinegar, salt, ginger and garlic salt. Pour over salad and toss. Refrigerate. Just before serving, fold in the oranges and almonds. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forChicken Rice Salad
"I had the magazine with this recipe in it for a few years and somehow lost it. My husband and I loved it and made it to take on road trips and eat out of pocket breads. I liked it with just Townhouse crackers! I'm so glad to see that it's out here because I couldn't replicate it from memory!!"
"I've made this over and over and always receive compliments"