Chicken Ham Supreme
Chicken Ham Supreme is an easy yet impressive main dish. The recipe comes from Ki Humphreville of Lancaster, Pennsylvania, who reports,"This recipe never fails to generate recipe requests."
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + marinating Bake: 45 min.
- 4 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons each celery salt, garlic salt and paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 24 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (3/4 to 1 inch thick)
- 24 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 4-1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups butter melted, divided
- In a several large resealable plastic bags, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings; add chicken. Seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove chicken and discard marinade. Place 1 ham slice down center of each chicken breast. Fold chicken over ham; secure with toothpicks.
- Place bread crumbs in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Place in three greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Pour about 1/4 cup of butter over each dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; baste with remaining butter. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Remove toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 392 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 883mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Ham Supreme in Taste of Home August/September 1997
May 21, 2015
Excellent make-ahead dish for company. It's a frequent "go to" when I want to prepare the entr?e the day before and refrigerate until baking. Always a guest pleaser.