- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Vegetable oil
- 1 medium green pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Guacamole, sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag or glass container, combine vinegar, lime juice, oil, Worcestershire sauce, onion, garlic, salt if desired, oregano and cumin. Add chicken. Cover or close bag and refrigerate at least 4 hours. Drain, discarding marinade. Lightly oil vegetables. Grill vegetables and chicken, uncovered, over medium coals for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften and chicken juices run clear. Meanwhile, warm tortillas according to package directions. Quickly slice chicken and peppers into strips and separate onion slices into rings. Spoon chicken and vegetables down the center of tortillas; fold in sides. Garnish as desired with salsa, guacamole, sour cream and cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forChicken Fajitas
"Delicious & flavorful! Just as good as any restaurant but in the comfort of my own home! Will make again!"
"These are some of the best fajitas I have ever had even in restaurants. I cooked it on the grill and it was sooooo good."
"My family loves this recipe! The flavors are wonderful. I cut the chicken into strips; instead of cooking on the grill, stir fried chicken, then added pre-cut vegetables to pan. I didn't drain the marinade sauce enough before cooking. There was a lot of sauce in the mix and it made the fajitas a little soggy. It was good anyway, but I think it would be easier to handle if it was not dripping. No one complained, just my own observation. I will try again soon, still plan to stir fry, but will drain better next time."
"even though i only had 30 min to marinade the chicken it still turned out really yummy!"