- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1 can (5 ounces) white chicken, drained or 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- Arrange crescent rolls on a 12-in. pizza pan, forming a ring with pointed ends facing the outer edge of pan and wide ends overlapping.
- Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon over wide ends of rolls. Fold points over filling and tuck under wide ends (filling will be visible).
Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Freeze option: Securely wrap cooled wreath in plastic and foil before freezing. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before reheating. Remove wreath from foil and plastic; reheat on a greased baking sheet in a preheated 325° oven until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forChicken Crescent Wreath
"A very pretty and tasty appetizer. Guests really enjoyed it. Will put it in my appetizer recipe stash!"
"I made this for a Christmas party last weekend and it turned out PERFECT! I doubled the recipe and made 2, so the teenagers at home could have some. My son's friend even commented that it looked just like the picture. As I carried it into the party, it got immediate attention with comments on how attractive it was. I made minor changes according to what I had on hand. I used 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese, 1/2 cup shredded cheddar and 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella (remember, I doubled the recipe). I used a whole can of chicken (13 ounces?). I did not have water chestnuts. It was very flavorful, but I think the pepper jack cheese really helped to spice it up. It was easy to make and not too time consuming. Hardest part was getting the crescent rolls placed just right so they would all fit on the pan."
"Reading the reviews for this I had high hopes. I made it for a church function and was very disappointed. The filling is quite bland. Perhaps some garlic powder or something would help. I probably won't be making this again"
"easy and Delicious."
"Excellent, & not difficult at all. Took to dinner this week - was mostly the main dish - everyone loved it!"
"Tasty. I have a different recipe like this with cream cheese."
"Very nice presentation for the holiday season. Pretty tasty too."
"I wanted ro use some shredded turkey I had frozen but didn't have water chestnuts, broccoli, cream of chicken soup or Colby cheese. Oopsy!! What's a gal to do! I am not a patient woman and this looked so good I just substituted mixed veggies, cream of celery soup and cheddar cheese and made half the recipe. Only did the substitutions because this is what I had on hand and no time to go to the store. This recipe is fabulous. It was easy to put together, very very tasty, and came out of the oven looking just like the picture! This will definitely be one of the items on my Christmas buffet table next month. Thanks for a great and easy recipe!"