Total TimePrep: 50 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makes4 servings (2 drumsticks each)
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Remove and discard skin from drumsticks. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; stir in the barbecue sauce. Add drumsticks. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 180°, turning occasionally. Remove chicken from pan; cool slightly.
- Separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in a lightly greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Brush dough with some of the beaten egg; sprinkle with cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Place meaty portion of each drumstick at the tip of each triangle, with bony portion extended beyond one long side of triangle. Wrap drumstick in dough; place seam side down. Brush with remaining egg; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 375° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown and a thermometer reads 180°.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 610 calories, 38g fat (14g saturated fat), 179mg cholesterol, 942mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Jul 1, 2017
The seasonings tucked inside this crescent-wrapped drumsticks is what makes this recipe!! This recipe is taste wonderful!!
Jan 18, 2015
Very Very Good! I would recommend this strongly!
Apr 2, 2012
I use 4 boneless thighs instead of the drumsticks and separate the dough into 4 rectangles. I also leave out the butter to make it a tad healthier. This is one of my favorite recipes!
Oct 7, 2011
This was so good, my husband even helped me cook it because he loves those cresent rolls. Will make again for sure.
Feb 10, 2011
this was easy to make and my kids loved it.
Sep 12, 2010
It was easy to make and my whole family enjoyed it. Thanks taste of home.
Dec 22, 2009
Woo hoo! LOVE this recipe!! I make it all the time for my family!
Dec 11, 2009
I make this recipe with boneless skinless thighs. The taste is wonderful!
Aug 28, 2009
I thought my kids would love this dish because they love bbq chicken and they love anything to do with crescent rolls. Sadly, they didn't care for them at all and I ended up having to throw them out. Maybe if I tried what HeidiLSB's advice and dice the chicken up and then wrap it, it would go over better. I'll have to give it a try.
Aug 17, 2009
I've made this 3 times now, for different occasions. This works well if you dice up boneless/skinless chicken and wrap it, too. Found this out when some chicken fell off the bone: I just wrapped it up and it made it just as good, but a different presentation.