Bacon Cheese Wreath
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
Makesabout 3 cups
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions, optional
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Parsley sprigs and diced pimientos, optional
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese and onions if desired. Stir in bacon. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Invert a small bowl in the center of a serving platter. Drop cream cheese mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls around edge of bowl. Remove bowl. Smooth cream cheese mixture, forming a wreath. Garnish with parsley and pimientos if desired. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 87 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 116mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 30, 2019
I've made a version of this for years but use chopped Spanish olives and not just the diced pimientos. Also serve with party rye bread - always a hit.
Jan 8, 2019
You can’t beat bacon and cheese! Huge hit over the holidays. Thanks for a great recipe.
Dec 29, 2018
what can I say .. This was perfectly on point... Amazing recipe.. my guests thought I spent hrs on it ...
Jun 9, 2018
I've made this for years, but use a 3 oz. jar of real bacon bits. So easy and yummy!!
Dec 28, 2017
Wow, this was delicious!. My niece made this for us to enjoy on Christmas day with the whole family. We all asked for the recipe. Looking forward to enjoying in the near future. Humm News year eve sounds near enough.I keep trying to give 5 stars but it wont let me.
Dec 27, 2014
Everyone always wants me to bring my regular cheese ball to parties because it is so good. This year I made this bacon cheese wreath and it disappeared in minutes! Everyone raved about it! For a non-Christmas event, I'm going to shape it in a ball and roll in bacon!
Dec 24, 2013
Add 1/2 tsp of garlic powder to give it a wonderful flavor-it was too bland for us and this was the perfect touch. We omitted the pimento and parsley b/c no one wanted it!
Sep 10, 2013
I actually made these for Christmas eve last year and it was gone very quickly ! My friends sister hunted me down for the recipe on Christmas Day ! They all loved it!
Mar 6, 2009
Easter egg shape sounds good - suggestions on how to decorate? thanks
Nov 26, 2008
I have made this recipe for over 25 years and my Great Aunt made it for the family before that. It is a must have at all family get-togethers. We also change the shape to fit the theme of the party.My recipe calls for Miracle Whip though instead of regular mayonnaise and I think it does add a little extra flavor. The end decoration is different also, as we sprinkle chopped parsley over the entire wreath to look green and then use strips of roasted red pepper to make the bow. Try this recipe, you will love it.