- 1-2/3 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, chicken, soup and thyme. Pour into an ungreased deep-dish 9-in. pie plate. Combine the biscuit mix, milk and egg; spoon over chicken mixture.
- Bake at 400° until golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken Biscuit Potpie
"We used the base recipe plus some cooked potatoes and covered it with a frozen pastry sheet. Make sure to cut a vent in the pastry and it works fine. If you prefer using fresh vegetables to frozen, cooking them separately ahead of time helps everything cook evenly."
"I made this today and it is excellent. I used California veggies and some corn instead of the mixed veggies and it was delicious. We will be having this again. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"My husband and I both enjoyed this, although I found it a bit dry for my taste. I think next time I will follow the suggestion of adding 1/4 cup milk or possibly white wine."
"This stuff is amazing!!! easy to make and everyone loved it. I added a few things like carrots and onions, and it just made it even better!!!"
"This is a delicious keeper. I cooked and used fresh carrots, frozen potatoes and frozen peas. Comfort food indeed."