I sometimes make this recipe with leftover chicken and rice. My children keep me running most of the day, so a quick casserole for dinner helps smooth out bumps in our schedule.—Beth Pallwitz, Tacoma, Washington
Recommended: 35 Chinese Takeout Fake-Out Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 to 1-1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, celery and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the soup, soy sauce and ginger; cook and stir until bubbly. Stir in rice.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with noodles. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until noodles are crisp. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Originally published as Chow Mein Chicken in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p304
Reviews forChicken and Rice Chow Mein
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2008
"this all-in-1 chinese meal is just as good as the resturants. and the chow-mein noodles give it a nice crunch."