Cherry-Chicken Lettuce Wraps
I came up with this amazing recipe when I had a load of cherries on hand. My family polished them off fast, and asked for more. Luckily I had enough fruit to make them again the next day! —Melissa Barlow, Fruit Heights, Utah
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1-1/4 cups coarsely chopped pitted fresh sweet cherries
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 8 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- Sprinkle chicken with ginger, salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Remove from heat. Stir in carrots, cherries, green onions and almonds. In a small bowl, mix vinegar, teriyaki sauce and honey; stir into chicken mixture. Divide among lettuce leaves; fold lettuce over filling.
Nutrition Facts2 filled lettuce wraps: 257 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 381mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Chicken Cherry Lettuce Wraps in Simple & Delicious June/July 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.