- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream and additional salsa, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. Whisk together first three ingredients. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Remove from heat.
- Place two tortillas on a baking sheet. Spread with beans; top with eggs, salsa, cheese and remaining tortillas. Melt remaining butter; brush over tops.
- Bake until golden brown and cheese is melted, 10-12 minutes. If desired, serve with sour cream and additional salsa. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forCheesy Egg Quesadillas
"The only modifications I made to this recipe was that I added onions and green peppers to the egg mixture. I know that salsa have these two ingredients in them, but we like onions/peppers cooked in with the eggs. I also added sliced avocado. Yummy. I cooked these on my panini press. easy."