Here's my fun spin on breakfast-for-dinner. These cheesy quesadillas are so easy to make, full of protein and are plain delicious any time of day. —Barbara Blommer, Woodland Park, Colorado
Recommended: 44 Ways to Get More Leafy Greens in Your Life
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream and additional salsa, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. Whisk together first three ingredients. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Remove from heat.
- Place two tortillas on a baking sheet. Spread with beans; top with eggs, salsa, cheese and remaining tortillas. Melt remaining butter; brush over tops.
- Bake until golden brown and cheese is melted, 10-12 minutes. If desired, serve with sour cream and additional salsa. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Egg Quesadillas in Simple & Delicious December/January 2018