- 2 cups uncooked penne or other medium tube pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook the garlic in butter over medium heat for 1 minute. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until blended. gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in 1 cup of cheese until melted. Remove from the heat.
- Drain pasta; add pasta, shrimp and corn to cheese sauce. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forCheddar Shrimp and Penne
"My family loved this and it was a new addition to our Lent Friday meals. I however, did NOT cook the shrimp first. I lined them on the bottom uncooked then added the cheese/pasta sauce on top and cooked per recipe. The shrimp cooked perfectly!"
"This is a rather tasty dish. I didn't have corn and used a jarred cheddar cheese sauce then topped it off with shredded cheddar cheese. Next time I think I will try bread crumbs on top."
"Sauce didn't ever thicken. Not really any taste. What a waste of shrimp."
"easy to make, good flavor! The entire family loved it!"