- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, mash avocados. Stir in onion, tomato, celery, garlic, lemon juice, Worcestershire, salt, pepper and, if desired, cilantro. Chill 1 hour before serving. Serve with chips. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Reviews forCatherine's Guacamole
"Perfect timing! This popped into my feed this afternoon. Had a bunch of avocados and made this version, (along with my 2 versions) this evening for my Saturday night guests. Thumbs up from my crew! Being from CA we eat a lot of avocados and a lot of guacamole! Adding to my guacamole menu. Thank you so much for sharing!"
"I'm sorry, but This Guacamole just has too much junk in it. I firmly believe in "the simpler the better". I just use: avocados, lime juice, salt and your favorite salsa. If the salsa doesn't have onion, I would add minced onion. Mmmmm!"
"This was my first guacamole with celery and Worcestershire sauce, and I must say it was quite delicious! The celery adds an extra layer of crunch and the Worcestershire sauce gives it a yummy flavor. I will definitely be making this again. Thanks for sharing, Catherine!"
"I've never tried celery in my guacamole so I had to try it once. It was okay. I personally prefer it withou"