I stuffed figs with cream cheese and wrapped them in bacon and spices for an addictive flavor combo that’s sweet, salty and delicious. You can use dates, too. —Shelly Bevington, Hermiston, Oregon
Featured In: 42 Holiday Party Snacks Every Host Should Know
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 12 bacon strips
- 24 dried figs
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa chile blend powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cut bacon strips in half crosswise. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of each fig; fill with 1/2 teaspoon cream cheese. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, chile blend powder and cinnamon. Dip one side of each bacon piece in brown sugar mixture; wrap each fig with a bacon piece, sugar side out. Secure with a toothpick.
- Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 12-15 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Candied Bacon-Wrapped Figs in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p92