Salted Caramel & Dark Chocolate Figs
Here’s a special appetizer that won’t last long! Fruit, caramel and rich dark chocolate add a sweet touch to this grown-up dipped fruit. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + standing
- 12 large toothpicks
- 12 dried figs
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 package (11 ounces) Kraft caramel bits
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1-1/2 cups dark chocolate chips, melted
- Coarse sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside.
- Insert a toothpick into each fig. Make a 1/2-in. cut on the side of each fig. Combine the cheese, honey and vinegar in a small bowl. Transfer to a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe cheese mixture into figs.
- Melt caramels and water in a microwave; stir until smooth. Dip each fig into caramel; turn to coat. Place on prepared pan; let stand until set.
- Place almonds in a small shallow bowl. Dip bottom third of each fig into melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Dip into almonds and sprinkle with salt. Return to pan; let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 fig: 308 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Filled Salted Caramel & Dark Chocolate Figs in Simple & Delicious October/November 2012