Bacon-Encased Water Chestnuts
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 8 bacon strips
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) whole water chestnuts, drained
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 jar (2-1/2 ounces) strained peach baby food
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- Cut bacon strips in half lengthwise and then in half widthwise. Wrap each bacon piece around a water chestnut; secure with a toothpick.
- Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes, turning once; drain if necessary.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over water chestnuts. Bake until bacon is crisp, 25-35 minutes longer. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 155 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 363mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Nov 16, 2018
I like to switch the “Water Chestnuts” OUT for “Sea Scallops.” I just Cut them In 1/2 or in 1/4’s, depending of course, on their (The Sea Scallops) size! Cook in a 350 degree oven for about 10-12 minutes, (,Well, at least until the “Bacon
Jun 3, 2012
These are great. I always drain off the juice before drizzling with sauce.Sometimes I cut the water chestnuts in half.