Bacon-Encased Water Chestnuts
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 8 bacon strips
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) whole water chestnuts, drained
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 jar (2-1/2 ounces) strained peach baby food
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- Cut bacon strips in half lengthwise and then in half widthwise. Wrap each bacon piece around a water chestnut; secure with a toothpick.
- Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes, turning once; drain if necessary.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over water chestnuts. Bake until bacon is crisp, 25-35 minutes longer. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 155 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 363mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 16, 2018
I like to switch the “Water Chestnuts” OUT for “Sea Scallops.” I just Cut them In 1/2 or in 1/4’s, depending of course, on their (The Sea Scallops) size! Cook in a 350 degree oven for about 10-12 minutes, (,Well, at least until the “Bacon
Jun 3, 2012
These are great. I always drain off the juice before drizzling with sauce.Sometimes I cut the water chestnuts in half.