Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
MakesAbout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup finely chopped raisins
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dates
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried figs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dried cherries or cranberries
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Divide dough in half; cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- In a saucepan, combine the first eight filling ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until the fruit is tender and liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans. Cool to room temperature.
- Roll out each portion of dough between two pieces of waxed paper into a 10x8-in. rectangle. Cut each into two 10x4-in. rectangles. Spread 1/2 cup filling down the center of each rectangle. Starting at a long side, fold dough over filling; fold other side over top. Pinch to seal seams and edges. Place seam side down on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut each rectangle diagonally into 1-in. strips. Remove to wire racks to cool. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cookies.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 259 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 9, 2010
These are unbelievable delicious! Looks like a lot of work but is not.
Aug 3, 2010
We have fig trees so we have a ton of figs. We needed a recipe that was good but sweet. This definility fit the bill! This was great and easy but took way to long for the crust! 3 hours!! But overall this was a great cookie!