Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
MakesAbout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup finely chopped raisins
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dates
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried figs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dried cherries or cranberries
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Divide dough in half; cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- In a saucepan, combine the first eight filling ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until the fruit is tender and liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in pecans. Cool to room temperature.
- Roll out each portion of dough between two pieces of waxed paper into a 10x8-in. rectangle. Cut each into two 10x4-in. rectangles. Spread 1/2 cup filling down the center of each rectangle. Starting at a long side, fold dough over filling; fold other side over top. Pinch to seal seams and edges. Place seam side down on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut each rectangle diagonally into 1-in. strips. Remove to wire racks to cool. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cookies.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 259 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 9, 2010
These are unbelievable delicious! Looks like a lot of work but is not.
Aug 3, 2010
We have fig trees so we have a ton of figs. We needed a recipe that was good but sweet. This definility fit the bill! This was great and easy but took way to long for the crust! 3 hours!! But overall this was a great cookie!