Canadian Bacon with Apples
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large red apple, unpeeled
- 1 large green apple, unpeeled
- 1 pound sliced Canadian bacon
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, mix brown sugar, lemon juice and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Cut each apple into 16 wedges; add to brown sugar mixture. Cook over medium heat until apples are tender, 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove apples to a platter with a slotted spoon; keep warm.
- Add bacon to skillet; cook over medium heat, turning once, until heated through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to platter. Pour remaining brown sugar mixture over apples and bacon.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 199 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 744mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 18, 2018
Ok this is heaven on a plate! I just made for dinner and who doesn't like breakfast for dinner? Going to see how long the leftovers last and will try different methods of reheating. Thanks! Great camping recipe too.