Cheesy Tater Tots & Canadian Bacon
This slow cooker meal was created to pay homage to my favorite style of pizza—Hawaiian with bacon and pineapple. The Tater Tots in this recipe make it family-friendly. —Lisa Renshaw, Kansas City, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours + standing
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots, thawed
- 8 ounces Jones Canadian Bacon, chopped
- 1 cup frozen pepper strips, thawed and chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cans (5 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Place half of the Tater Tots in a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. Layer with Canadian bacon, peppers, onion and pineapple. Top with remaining Tater Tots. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and pizza sauce; pour over top. Sprinkle with provolone cheese.
- Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until heated through. If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; let stand, covered, 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 439 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 1216mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Easy Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pizza Tots in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.