Canadian Bacon Pizza Loaf
This unique sweet-and-sour pizza bread is as much fun to assemble as it is to eat. Topped with Canadian Bacon, green pepper, pineapple tidbits and plenty of mozzarella cheese, the loaf was a knockout at our daughter's birthday party.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 unsliced loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1-1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 4 ounces Jones Canadian Bacon, chopped
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 small green pepper, sliced
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cut loaf in half lengthwise; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread cut sides of bread with the pizza sauce. Top with the Canadian bacon, pineapple, green pepper and cheese.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts2 slices: 459 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 1193mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Canadian Bacon Pizza Loaf in Quick Cooking May/June 2004
Jan 11, 2013
This was good but had to many toppingsm
Oct 8, 2009
What a great surprise to have such a delicious pizza with so few ingredients - and ease! Please try this one - it's a keeper! Great leftovers too - if there are any!