- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 2 celery ribs with leaves, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- In a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat until no longer pink. Add the celery, green pepper and onion; cook and stir 5 minutes longer or until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, water, tomato paste, Cajun seasoning and sugar. In a small bowl, combine cheeses.
- Spread 1 cup meat sauce in a greased oval 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Layer with 3 noodles (breaking noodles if necessary to fit), a third of the remaining meat sauce and a third of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until noodles are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCajun Chicken Lasagna
"This was okay as is, but when I added Creole seasoning at the table it became much better. It's rather bland without it. I do think I'll make this again, but I think it would benefit from using Ro-tel tomatoes with jalapenos in place of the crushed tomatoes. Either that or replace the tomatoes with salsa."
"I thought it was great, it had less calories then the orignal lasagna."