- 10 cups broccoli florets (about 3-1/2 pounds)
- 6 cups seedless red grapes (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/3 cups slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large salad bowl, combine the broccoli, grapes, celery and onions. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Just before serving, gently stir in bacon and almonds. Yield: about 20 servings.
Reviews forBroccoli Salad Supreme
"I've been making this salad since Easter 2012 and Christmas. Family, especially daughter and granddaughters love and want all the leftovers. A granddaughter asked for recipe so she can make for Easter this year "2017" (she wants all the leftovers for herself, she thinks). Very happy to pass down to her as she's a great cook. Note: I do use thinly sliced red onions instead of green and omit celery."
"This is the best broccoli salad I've ever tasted. I brought this to a family function and everyone loved it."
"Where has this recipe been all my life?! I was asked to bring a broccoli salad to a potluck, and searched TOH and found this. I made it again when we had the in-laws (and a couple of outlaws) over, and again to take to clients who were moving into a new home (and was kind of sorry that I had not kept a bit of of for myself!). This is goooooood stuff!"
"This salad is delicious! Very pretty, crunchy, and everyone loved it!Definitely a keeper!"
"This recipe is the best. Can't believe it's not a contest winner. It'd get my vote. Thanks for sharing it."
"I have made this several times and it is always a crowd pleaser the variations I use are red onion diced in place of the green,red wine vinegar in place of the cider ,omit celery and grapes replace with dried cranberries and golden rasins that I plump in some warm water (drain) instead of almonds I use sunflower meats. always yummy . I make up dressing and toss it just before serving as this salad sits it tends to get kind of watery the only downfall ,thus adding the dressing last makes it fresh and appealing"
"I made this today for the first time for a family party. I will definitely make this again! It tastes very good and it is something different! Thanks for a great recipe!"
"I've made this salad several several times and always receive compliments."