Broccoli Beef Braids
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes2 loaves (4 servings each)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in broccoli, cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Unroll 1 tube of crescent dough onto a greased baking sheet; form into a 12x8-in. rectangle, pressing perforations to seal. Spoon half of the beef mixture lengthwise down center of rectangle.
- On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips at an angle, about 3 in. into the center. Fold 1 strip from each side over filling and pinch ends together; repeat.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to make second braid. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 396 calories, 23g fat (6g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 644mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 4, 2019
Really good and easy. Great recipe for odds and ends to use up. I used 0% Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
Feb 26, 2019
I really enjoyed this recipe. The only issue I had was the bottom wasn’t quite done. Next time I will cook it on a lower rack.
Feb 19, 2019
My child is a picky eater and won't eat broccoli, so I know they won't touch this. Are there any suggestions I can perhaps subsitute the broccoli with? Thank you all, God bless
Feb 18, 2019
Haven't tried this yet, but just a suggestion, instead of buying crescent rolls, get crescent roll sheets, same price and dough just no perforations.
Feb 5, 2019
Just need to add more flavor. Other then that,great recipe when not in the mood for taco braid.
Aug 22, 2015
Great recipe and easy to make. I doubled the amount of cheese and it turned out fantastic.
Feb 13, 2012
This is a super fast and super tasty meal! Two thumbs up for sure!! :D
Aug 23, 2011
My family loved this. I used Eeyore86's suggestion and added a can of Cream of Mushroom soup.
Feb 4, 2011
My family thought it dry the first time I made it. But the second time I tried it I add a can of soup, Golden Mushroom. My family couldn't get enough of it.
Nov 27, 2010
I love this easy to make receipe, especially for families on the move. I add fennel seed to this with some italian seasoning which makes it a 5 star dinner.